Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pretty in Pink 05

 
6.5 " X 6.5"
Oil Sticks
 
I am stuck on pink for some reason. I have cut some art board down to 6.5 X 6.5". It's pretty hard for me to do with my elbows locking and hurting so much. There has to be an easier way to cut these art boards without a blade. A scissor is horrible too. Anyway, I made my first viewfinder! Trying to get proportion  right but it feels too scientific for me. Something which I am not!  But I love the different views I get! I made several viewfinders in various sizes. I am getting the painting a figure bug again. I am thinking of taping the 6 X 6 viewfinder I made to a reference photo and have a go at it. I haven't done figures in so long, I am quite nervous. I just have to remember that they are shapes, just like this cup above. I like my cup. I feel I want to work on it some more, but I promised myself to stop and not go back to the painting. I want to see my improvements in a year and fiddling with it, is cheating. So, I am wrapping it up and putting it away as it is fully dry. I am finding that these Shiva oil sticks are not drying to the touch for me within 24 hours. It's my fault as I put it on very, very thick! But I like to move the paint around and scrape off with my palette knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment