Monday, March 9, 2015

Signature 11



6.5" X 6.5 "
 
Oil Sticks on Art Board
 
 
I always forget to put down my signature. Well, honestly, it's not that I forget but rather I feel that my signature takes away from the painting. I mean, who wants to see my signature, right? I have been reading lately that a signature is actually very important to a painting. It makes the painting official, either it be initials or a full name, it should be included. So I am making a conscious effort to include my initials in my paintings from here on out. I can't believe how hard it was! My initials are in the bottom right hand corner of this painting. Funny, the "s" seems cropped out! I didn't do that on purpose, I swear! Even while posting this picture, I seem to be having trouble with showing my initials. That's telling isn't it? Well, it's there. I am slowly getting used to it. 
 I really like this painting. Even though I live in Florida, I haven't been to the beach since August. I should be ashamed of myself! The beach is calling me. I can hear it in the waves of this painting. I can see myself sitting in the yellow chair under the umbrella. I prefer the shade. I am not a fan of the sun so you will rarely catch me sunbathing but rather under an umbrella people watching. Well, watching my kids is more like it.
 
I will see you soon, beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment